The ergonomic operator’s cabin on the Z17 provides excellent visibility and easy entry and exit.
- Walk-through canopy for easy entry and exit.
- Excellent visibility in all directions allows safe and efficient operation. Rear mirror provides a view of the back and side of the machine for additional safety.
- Work lights and integrated boom light enhances the operator’s view after dark.
The controls on the Z17 are ergonomically designed and easy to use.
- Large travelling pedals are easy to press and allow confident, reliable work.
- Pilot operated joystick controls are operated by simple wrist movements, reducing fatigue during a long workday.
- One-way auxiliary functions can be controlled by a foot pedal, allowing optimal control of high-flow attachments such as compactors or breakers.
- The operator can easily select from ISO or standard operating control patterns with the flip of a mechanical lever.
Rugged, high-strength boom incorporates features to protect and extend the life of moving parts and components.
- Precision welded boom is constructed with thick side plates that are reinforced by contoured transition plates.
- Heavy-duty sliding cylinder guards protect exposed cylinder rods from damage.
- Integrated boom light illuminates the work area and allows for safe and effective operation after dark.
- Reliable single pin boom mount design for optimal durability and component life.
The undercarriage of the Z17 was designed with serviceability and longevity in mind.
- Wide track gauge and an offset track drive system increase stability without adding to overall track width.
- Staggered tread and mandrel design combined with shorter track pitch reduces vibration.
- Long tracks provide a smoother ride over rough terrain.
- Tracks are short-pitched to reduce wear, fatigue and damage.
- Angled crawler frame reduces soil buildup on the undercarriage, extending the life of rollers and tracks.
|Width – Extended/Retracted (mm)||3’1″ (950) to 4’2″ (1280)|
The Z17 is built around a powerful, reliable emission-certified Yanmar diesel engine.
- Proven technology provides reliable operation and a fuel efficient system.
- Easy-starting, even in cold weather without the need for block heaters or starting fluid.
|Model||3TNV70-XBV Tier IV|
|Displacement (L)||52.1 cu.in. (0.854)|
|Net Power (kW) @ rpm||13.5 hp (10.1) @ 2200|
|Fuel Tank (L)||5.3 gal. (20)|
|Fuel Consumption (L/hr)||0.53 gal./hr. (2)|
The advanced hydraulic system on the Z17 provides long-lasting, efficient power precisely when you need it.
- Hydraulic system is designed to enhance engine performance, resulting in a more efficient system.
- Two variable pumps and two gear pumps combine oil and redirect the flow to where it is needed, allowing for simultaneous operation without loss of power.
- Smooth operation, even while using the boom and arm during turning.
- Auxiliary hydraulic valve, tubing and hoses with flat faced coupler connections are standard equipment.
- Two-way and one-way auxiliary flow valve with direct-to-tank bypass valve feature is standard equipment.
|Pumps||2 variable, 2 gear|
|Total Flow Rate (L/min)||15.4 gpm (58.3)|
|Working Pressure (bar)||2,987 psi (206)|
|Swing System Pressure (bar)||2,132 psi (147)|
|Hydraulic Tank (L)||4.4 gal. (16.7)|
A full line of Edge attachments and accessories are designed specifically to fill operators’ needs, making their Z17 the most versatile machine on the job site. Popular Z17 attachments are shown below.
- The large, rear hood opens easily to expose the engine oil, air cleaner and water supply to the cooling water sub-tank.
- The removable left-hand side cover grants access to the hydraulic system and return filter cartridge.
- The removable right-hand side cover allows access to the fuel tank and radiator.
- The access panel in front of the driver’s seat easily opens to reveal the battery, starter motor and fuse panel.